1. Slow play can be eliminated with your cooperation.
2. Play ready golf- Be ready, hit when ready and safe: there is no penalty for playing out of turn. This can really speed up play.
3. Allow faster players through.
4. Mark your scorecard on the next tee, the group behind you will thank you.
5. A full round of golf should be completed in 4 1/4 hours or less.
6. Starters or rangers have authority to remove golfers in violation of rules, to have golfers speed up, let others play through or remove slow players from course.
7. Proper attire is required at all times. Mock or collared shirts only! Sneakers or golf shoes with non-metal spikes only. Not permitted: short shorts, tank tops, torn jeans
and bathing suits. Golfers will not be allowed to play if not properly attired.
8. U.S.G.A. rules apply at all times.
9. Anyone that uses false ID or plays with anyone that uses false ID will be suspended.
10. Children under 10 years of age are not permitted on the golf course except children aged 7-9 that have been certified by The Griff PGA staff.
11. All players must be part of a twosome, threesome or foursome. No single players.
12. Alcoholic Beverages- Any player or person found with alcoholic beverages on the course or on the premises (clubhouse excluded) will be suspended indefinitely.
13. Golf bags and pull carts must be kept out of bunkers and off greens and tees.
14. Gas carts must use “90” degree rule, unless “cart paths only” rule is in use.
15. No player shall tamper with irrigation equipment- immediate suspension.
16. Storms-When the lightning alarm horn sounds (solid tone), golfers must immediately seek shelter. An intermittent tone will sound when play may resume.
17. Maintenance Crew- has “right of way”. Please be courteous.
18. Players stopping at snack bar after 9 holes risk loss of turn on 10th tee. Food orders may be called in using the intercom at the back of the 9th tee.
19. Every player must have a set of clubs including a putter, and they shall be carried in a bag, rack or container.
20. Cell phones should be turned off and calls made only in an emergency situation.
21. If a golfer buys a nine hole ticket, and after completion, wishes to play a complete 18 holes, another 9 hole ticket must be purchased.
SUSPENSION: Loud and/or abusive language, fighting, use of alcoholic beverages, or the breaking of any of the rules could result in loss of playing privileges for one year.